Sunday, November 25

A paracetamolic for the past 5 years

"Hi. My name is A.G and I am a paracetamolic. It's been 4 days since my last dose."

Yes, I am referring to the simple painkilling medicine used to relieve mild to moderate pain. It's temporary but effective, not until recently since my threshold for pain has lessened. But before I proceed further, I want to extend my gratitude towards the creaters of PANADOL.



"You have always been there for me every step of the way since in joined the workforce. Although I do not agree with your pricing (which is bloody expensive for a pack of Actifast 48 tablets), but your distribution of product is excellent! I have purchased it at mamak stalls, petrol station, magazine stalls and cigarette kiosk - by the road side. I only wished you put more innovation into your product line. You may consider introducing different flavors or different attractive colour tablets for different levels of pain. Your previous product innovations from the ordinary pills to Actifast was a great milestone for me. Your consistent marketing/advertising efforts have also coverted me into a loyal consumer and everytime when my head spins, I think of you. Finally, from all the organs of my body, I wish to say Thank You."



Many people around me disagree with my habit of popping pills (paracetamol) whenever I have a headache. Honestly, I do value your concerns and hear you most of the time but I can't help it. The pain bothers the hell out of me and it spoils my whole day.



I was told that taking too much paracetamol will damage your liver - I agree.
I read that drinking 1 or 2 can of isotonic drinks or mixing it with water will help balance the electron/Ion imbalance in the brain - Tried, tested and disagree!
I also tried submerging my feet in a basin of warm water - Tried, tested and disagree!

Don't laugh. Now, any other funny suggestions?



So do I have an option? Previously - no, NOW - YES (I hope). My colleague recommended me to try Lymphatic Therapy, layman terms means a massage performed by a lymphatic drainage therapist.

Lymphatic drainage is a type of therapy that helps the body produce a free-flowing lymphatic system. A lymphatic drainage massage focuses on specific lymph nodes and points of the body, as well as the natural flow of the lymphatic system. Proponents of lymphatic drainage believe that the process will reduce blockages of the lymphatic system, which in turn promotes a healthier body.



So I went to Plaza Mont Kiara for my 2pm appointment. P*****E, my alternative answer to my headache, greeted me with a big smile and we started chatting.

PE: Ok, tell me your problem.
AG: Headache lor...
PE: I see, how frequent?
AG: At least once a week
PE: You are not as bad as my client, a lady which consumes up to 8 panadols a day.
AG: (MCH, got people take 8 a day ah? kow kow man!)
PE: Ok, for today, I shall do a lymphatic drainage massage for you and this treatment may have to be done for a few weeks. Some people may feel better immediately and some may only see results gradually.
AG: Ok.

(Entered the therapy room. I see a bed and towels)

PE: Take off your clothes and lie face down.
AG: Top half only right?
PE: Top half, bottom half and your underwear.
AG: (Blushing)... Err... Ok.

The therapy went on for about 90 minutes. During the 90 minutes, it felt like I was being butchered by two chefs who was preparing dinner. It was a bittttt painful and soar.

So when I returned home, I wanted to wash off the lotion that was all over me. I looked into the mirror.



Niameh ... like I got runned over by a motorcycle. Better still, after a close analysis again, it looked like this.

PE: Next week same time, same day ok?
AG: Errr...Ok..but same thing?
PE: Yeah. But will include Acupuncture.
AG: Needles??!! Pain ah?
PE: Very small needles, like ant bites.
AG: Really? Poke where?
PE: Around your head
AG: Ok. How much for today's therapy?
PE: RM 120.00
AG: Thank you.
PE: See you next week.

I ended my therapy session feeling a lot lighter on my shoulders, neck and head. I was told I had a lot of wind and heat.

While writting this blog, my back feels like an after effect of sunburn. Ouchhh....!


No comments: